Saturday 29 September 2012

On the up and up

This hasn't been the awesome year I expected it to be.

To start the year off my friend Ste commited suicide, he obviously wasnt happy but he was a strong minded prankster and there would have been no changing his mind. He will be wherever causing utter havoc though :)

I thought things were picking up as I went from bank staff with autistic adults to full time at a care home near my home. It didnt have the best reputation but I had enough faith in my skills to help improve their reputation. WELL dear readers that balls'd up. I witnessed abuse and it was not only my responsibility to the residents but under national law I have to report it. 2 members of staff were suspended and the next week I was let go. What added insult to injury was the day they chose to do it was the funeral of another friend who commited suicide. I thought that was incredibly vindictive and downright cruel. They had prevented me from going and then let me go the same day. Excuse my french but bastards! Their reason for letting me go was due to having too many days off sick. This was actually more crap as my great nana died and I was struggling in the last few months of her life. I took 2 half days which they classed as full days and it could have been compassionate leave. They didnt want to let me go to her funeral either. The day after they let me go though I got my job back as bank with autistic adults with the prospect of a permenant full time job.

So yeah my nana died, I was devastated I took solace knowing she had wanted to go. Also that I saw her a few days before, which with my other grandparents I couldnt do.

Then we found out Josh hung himself in a field across the street from me. That was hard for everyone as most of us saw him in the says leading up to it and he seemed ok. He will be playing LOUD music and get rat arsed with Ste as they did in life.

I celebrated being married for a year to the most amazing man in the world. He puts up with alot from me and he is definitely my last jigsaw piece.

2 of my good friends had babies recently. Jasmine Dana and Leonnard Noah.

We have a mini break to Edinburgh coming up soon for Stevens birthday and to see the german christmas market. With a few of Stevens mates from work and my brother.

Im sure as I try to stay positive things will pick up even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment