Tuesday 25 September 2012

my fail proof pastry!

I make my own shortcrust pastry and have done for a few years now after I realised how freaking easy it is!

All you need is: 
55g butter
125g plain flour
salt and pepper
water

Mix your butter, seasoning and flour together to resemble breadcrumbs. Slowly add water and mix till it comes together like a dough. You don't want it too dry or too we. Once you have your dough right wrap it in clingfilm and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour this makes it pliable.After the hour your ready to roll it out and use it for your pies or quiches.

 My first ever quiche, made loads since will post recipe later.
I add herbs or spices such as chilli flakes to my pastry but its really up to you. This is what's left of my corned beef and potato pie...never lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment