Saturday 22 September 2012

25/30 dead dining!

If I could eat with someone from history, who would I choose? What would I eat and why?

This is actually quite hard as there are so many people I would eat with that has passed away.

I think I would go for someone famous rather then friends and family purely because I have too many questions for those Ive known and loved. But out of them I would want to meet my dads sister who passed when he was a teenager, my grandad and his dad, my grandad so I can tell him how much I love him and how hard his illness affected me and how he has changed my life, his dad as he died just after my nanna and grandad got together.Last but not least, Ste and Josh my friends that committed suicide I would ask them why and was it what they really wanted, and I would let them know how they are always in our thoughts and our friends group lost the two biggest comedians going and we will never be the same again.

I have always been drawn to one woman in history and not many people know who she is. Lady Jane Grey was queen of England before she was killed by Bloody Mary aka Mary I. She died at the age of 16/17 she was married too. She refused to name her husband as king but gave him the title of duke. So she was pretty up on girl power! She didnt agree with hunting as she preferred arts and crafts and reading. I would talk to her about her studies and why she felt constricted by them due to her parents, as I went through the same with my dad. I would ask her about being Queen of England albeit a short time. Why she chose not to have her husband as king. 

I would take her to a quaint bistro as a contrast to the feasts she may have been used to. We would have croissants and hot chocolate and just natter away.

No comments:

Post a Comment