Monday 17 September 2012

20/30 childhood memories

Three significant childhood memories.

1. I remember writing a book when I was 5/6 about my teddy bear Frederick. It was sentences saying what we did together with a drawing above it. My great nana made him for a craft contest and won first prize with him. As I was the first born great grandchild he came to me. My brother and  sister got jealous one day I was about 11 and they threw him in the bin. I was devastated, I thought I had dropped him somewhere. I only found out this year that that's what they had done.

2. Going fishing with my dad and my grandad, brother and sister. We had gone to a lake somewhere and we knew the basics on how to fish (we weren't allowed to hook the bait mind) so we were left to our own devices. I remember catching a Golden Orf well I think that's what my dad said. But most of my time was spent under my grandads umbrella eating corned beef and tomato sandwiches (food of gods lol).

3. I remember at the age of 7 going to meet a boy in my class, we used to walk together to school. I remember my mam nearly caught me several times and we used to jump into the corn fields and hide they are now a park haha. That boy was my friend throughout school and is now my brother in law! As I ended up marrying his younger brother Steven :)

No comments:

Post a Comment