Thursday 13 September 2012

Jam Jam Jam

I decided to make some jam the other day, after finding some cheap jars in Lewis and Coopers. I've been wanting to make some jam forever too so it was just luck.

I decided on blackberry jam as it's my favourite and I decided to make it a wee bit different and caramelise it. This was my first ever attempt at jam too :)

Blackberry Jam

750g blackberries
750g sugar
4table spoon lemon juice

Soften the blackberries on a low heat, till it becomes soft. Mash some of the blackberries so that the juice comes out easier and they don't stick to the pan. Once softened add the juice and sugar. Keep on a low heat until sugar has dissolved. Then rapid boil the jam till setting point has been reached. decant into warm jars and seal off with a wax circle.

That's all I did and mine has turned out fine, I kept mine on rapid boil for a bit longer to caramelise the jam.






No comments:

Post a Comment