Friday 31 August 2012

3/30 rents..

Ok well I have a Mam and a Dad, Allison and Stuart. Not a mum and a dad but a Mam and Dad. We are a northern family so it's just a thing we say 'cos us northerners rule! 

I would say I'm fairly close to my parents I ring them for random chats whenever I'm on my own or down. My mam tends to be at work when I do these calls and my dad well he just hates them! I put him on my magic numbers where I get 2 1/2 hours free to his number he was devastated lol.  We never used to be like this though. 

My mam didn't like the way I was living my life as I had been ill for years and when I got control over it I was a rebel without a cause, getting drunk all the time, I threw my education away with it. We were never particularly close but over the years we have got better and all the women on my mothers side including myself and my sister have what's known as 'the bennington laugh' basically we laugh and talk at the same time which to the men sounds like insane nonsense but we all understand each other. I can have the most random conversations with my mam, because she is mental and has the biggest potty humour of anyone I know. Very 'Mrs Brown's Boy's'. If you have never heard of it youtube it.

If you read my previous 30 things post you would already have an idea about my relationship with my dad. It wasn't the best of relationships. We are very much alike, we can't abide morons, we always seem to speak with a tone of indignation, we both have to be right etc. But I moved out at 18 and we get on so much better since we weren't living in each others pockets as it were. We have the same humour and like the same stuff. If I need to whinge at someone and Steven isn't around it's my dad I ring and get his advice on stuff which tends to be 'oh I don't know ask your mother' on most things.

But all in all, since I moved out and then got married my relationship with them both is much better and I know they will always be there for me and that's the main thing right?


This is me and my rents on mine and Stevens wedding day the second photo has Steven in too. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment